New Erf
Please login to your New Erf forum account

Casting Heirs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Casting Heirs?

Post  0beron on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 am

Okay, so for those of you who are up-to-date with the comic, you will know that Jillian is in the process of popping an heir. However, because she has not yet popped any casters but instead has 4 popped warlords (very unusual, certainly defying the odds) there has been some speculation that her heir might be a caster. Of course no one knows if this is even possible, but it does beg the question of whether we would allow such a thing in the game.
Any opinions? (of course, several pages from now the question might be answered for us in the affirmative...but we shall see)

By the way, I was just reading through some of the fairly recent pages and on Text Page 48, it mentions that Slately "places the Royal Scepter of Jetstone in the hands of a non-Royal caster".....to me this implies that a caster COULD be royal, and therefore also an heir....?
0beron
Hobgobwin
Hobgobwin

Side Info
Side Name: Morlock Wells

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Casting Heirs?

Post  Twoy on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:31 am

I saw that about the possibility that a caster could be royal; however, I think I still would prefer that heirs only be popped as warlords and not casters.
Twoy
Hobgobwin
Hobgobwin

Side Info
Side Name: Kingdom of Narnia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  0beron on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Meaning you wouldn't want a caster Heir for YOUR side, or you think the game mechanic in general should be for warlord-only heirs? Me personally, I think it'd be cool for my side.
0beron
Hobgobwin
Hobgobwin

Side Info
Side Name: Morlock Wells

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Twoy on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 pm

I think the game mechanic should not allow it unless it becomes clear in the comic that it is possible.
Twoy
Hobgobwin
Hobgobwin

Side Info

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thetobias on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:09 am

Wooh, something I can share my opinion on. Titan... AWAY!

I had intended a very small chance for caster heirs, simply because of the awesomeness of a witch king. In all seriousnes, I don't think Erfworlds rules allow it since casters can only lead certain types of units. Afaik they don't have the leadership ability, therefore caster != warlord. Still, till evidence shows, I'm siding with the casterheir side, until playtesting proves this to be very, very overpowered.
thetobias
Head Titan
Head Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Twoy on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:21 am

I don't see how it would be overpowered. the only advantage I can think of to have a caster ruler is that the ruler would be able to go into the MK. That is a slight advantage, but I think the disadvantage of losing contact with your side while you are in the MK balances out the advantage.
Twoy
Hobgobwin
Hobgobwin

Side Info

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top